- Ονομασίες :
- For a lighter finish
- Reduces yellowing process of the wood
- Requires subsequent treatment with oil, lacquer or soap
- Suitable for any type of wood
Colors: White, Gray
Wood Lye is used for priming of unfinished or newly sanded interior woodwork i.e. floor, stairs, furniture and panels. The priming prevents the wood from yellowing and enhances the wood grain, creating a coloured wash effect, depending on the chosen colour. Wood Lye may be used on all types of wood.
The unfinished woodwork must be clean, dry and finely sanded (grit 100-120) before applying the lye.
- Shake the container well and pour the lye into a plastic bucket. It is important that no pigments are left in the container. Stir regularly during the application to prevent the pigments from settling to the bottom.
- Apply an even coat of the lye with the WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller lengthwise along the grain. Apply at least 1 L of lye per 10 m² of wood. Leave wood to dry for approx. 8-12 hours at 20°C.
- De-nib standing fibres and remove excess pigments with a medium e.g. green or bordeaux, sanding polishing pad. Remove the sanding dust with a vacuum cleaner.
- Finish the wood surface with a WOCA oil, lacquer or soap.
|Declaration:||Water, sodium hydroxide, white pigments. <5% non-ionic surfactants. <1% preservative.|
|Colours||White and grey|
|Drying time||8-12 hours.|
|Application tools||WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller
|Cleaning of tools:||With water|
|Disposal||Dispose of contents/container to an approved waste disposal plant.|
|Shelf life||3 years.|
|Storage||+10-25°C. Keep out of reach of children. Do not expose to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free during winter and cool during summer (max. +25°C).|