- Ονομασίες :
- Gives oak a weather-beaten patina
- Requires additional treatment with oil
- Only suitable for oak wood
Colors: White, Grey
Driftwood Lye is a unique, water-based product, which gives the wood a weather-beaten patina. The product is primarily for oak wood. By using this product, the wood will get a very nice two-dimensional design. Finally, the surface must be treated with one of the WOCA oils.
The unfinished woodwork must be clean, dry and finely sanded (grit 100-120) before applying the lye.
- Shake the container well and pour the lye into a plastic bucket. It is important that no pigments are left in the container. Stir regularly during the application to prevent the pigments from settling to the bottom.
- Apply an even coat of the lye with the WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller lengthwise along the grain. Apply at least 1 L of lye per 10 m² of wood. Leave wood to dry for approx. 8-12 hours at 20°C.
- Clean with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner and leave to dry for approx. 8-12 hours at 20°C.
- De-nib standing fibres and remove excess pigments with a medium e.g. green or bordeaux, sanding polishing pad. Remove the sanding dust with a vacuum cleaner.
- Finish the wood surface with a WOCA oil.
|Declaration:||Sodium hydroxide, water, white pigments.|
|Colours||White and grey|
|Binder||Sodium hydroxide, water, white pigments.|
|Drying time||8-12 hours.|
|Application tools||WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller
|Cleaning of tools:||WIth water|
|Disposal||Dispose of contents/container to an approved waste disposal plant.|
|Shelf life||3 years.|
|Storage||+10-25°C. Keep out of reach of children. Do not expose to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free during winter and cool during summer (max. +25°C).|