- Ονομασίες :
- Requires subsequent treatment with oil or soap
- Only for oak wood
- Does not contain pigment
Antique Oak Lye produces an ammonia-smoked appearance to oak wood. This product is user-friendly but corrosive and should be handled with caution during application. Since the product reacts with the tannic acid in the oak, the colour after application may vary depending on the concentration of tannin in the wood. However, it creates a very unique colour and vintage appearance. The final colour is achieved after 1-2 months.
The unfinished woodwork must be clean, dry and finely sanded (grit 100-120) before applying the lye.
- Shake the container well and pour the lye into a plastic bucket.
- Apply an even coat of the lye with the WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller lengthwise along the grain. Apply at least 1 L of lye per 10 m² of wood. Leave wood to dry for approx. 2-4 hours at 20°C.
- Clean with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner and leave to dry for approx. 8-12 hours at 20°C.
- De-nib standing fibres with a medium e.g. green or bordeaux, sanding polishing pad. Remove the sanding dust with a vacuum cleaner.
- Finish the wood surface with a WOCA oil or soap.
|Binder||Sodium hydroxide, water.|
|Drying time||2-4 hours.|
|Application tools||WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller
|Disposal||Dispose of contents/container to an approved waste disposal plant.|
|Shelf life||3 years.|
|Storage||+10-25°C. Keep out of reach of children. Do not expose to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free during winter and cool during summer (max. +25°C).|